Saturday 1 December 2018

altered book



Hi everyone. This is my first altered mixed media book. (Thanks Suzie for the inspiration on yours)I went for the shabby chic look in pink and white. This project took longer than i expected due to the book i was using.The book was called: 211 Things a bright girl: can do  It was quite a read ! See at the bottom of this post for an idea of the content it gave me quite a giggle I,m kind of sorry i tore pages out ! To start with i tore out some pages then used white gesso to roughly cover it. I then used lots of various laces/ribbon and other materials to decorate. The large  flowers  i lightly touched with gesso. The roses i left alone as they were so pretty. The large butterfly is air dry clay (given by a friend Thank you Anne x) I lightly brushed this with sparkle pen and added a pearl.The centre beads (my bookmark) are from a chain of iridescent beads. I raised some of the pages as i glued them to give the book some shape. The outside cover of the book. i covered with paper from the inside cover of the book it was a pretty checked pattern . This altered box is a gift for my great niece for her bedroom.This was such fun to do.Thanks for stopping by xx








challenges

3 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous altered book Jean, and many hanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl December challenge, best of luck, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring project Jean. So much beautiful detail.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous altered book!! Thanks for sharing your project at Mix It Up Challenge Blog!
    Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS! Happy New Year!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete