Wednesday 18 April 2018

upcycle

This cute little box was broken/ parts missing and unloved (the inside was pretty decent) I had some Graphic 45 Papers . Botanical Tea Collection, Birds of a Feather. First I removed all the hardware.I lightly sanded the box so it would have "grip", I cut and inked the paper I( used TH ink to colour the edges of the box and paper). I then glued on the papers. I attached a new lock/closure to the front and reattached all the other hardware and replaced missing screws etc. I added some lace and an air dry clay frame with pearls, I also used tiny pearls to the eye of each bird. All the feet I had were wrong size/shape so I used brass spacer beads from an old necklace that had seen better days.(ok the necklace was fine but I really, really needed feet for this project and ill use the beads another time.)



challenges entered -

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou so much for joining the challenge at Country View Challenges - apologies for my lateness in commenting (it's been a crazy couple of weeks!!) Hope to see you again! Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete