Friday 21 February 2020

alterd MDF guitar


Hi folks  I recently made a purchase from Hobbilicious (link below) , some awesome items in their shop !(https://www.hobbilicious.com/https://www.hobbilicious.com/).
They sent me a freebie of a guitar. 90mm x 220mm and as I am keeping my large pieces for a craft weekend with friends I decided to alter the guitar. I decided I wanted this to have a stand so I dug out some MDF ovals I had. .I stuck 2 together to give weight then I coated everything in imaginations craft wax. Using DP Crafter Companion I cut and applied to the front of my items. Then I used TH distress ink to edge everything.  Digging through my stash I gathered some bronze embellishments, a wood butterfly and heart, a clock (the works) , and scroll piece from Dusty attic. After inking the wood pieces I used Imagination crafts rusty patina  on the embellishments and on the papers. All the beautiful flowers are from I Am Roses. The bronze leaves are from my stash. The pearl trim I bought from a local shop .I scattered bronze chucky glitter in areas and glass onto the flowers. Using gesso I dabbed areas of the flowers. To attach the guitar to the base I dug out a grove with a craft knife onto the base and attached using hot glue .I used some round wood pieces to support the guitar back and front. This was such a fun piece to do , a sweet gift for my sister.


challenges
.

6 comments:

  1. We love this thank you for letting us know where to find it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty altered guitar. Love the design. Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous Jean lots of different techniques and love how you improvised to make the stand. Your sister will love it I'm sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so beautiful, Hobbilicious are fantastic quality so know howuch you enjoyed creating this...
    It's stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW beautifully decorated love it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty altered guitar, Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Ally's Angels. Good Luck!
    DT-Mariann

    ReplyDelete