Tuesday 10 December 2019

altered bobbin

Hi folks. Thanks for dropping in. Inspired by a blog hop by (Lady E )with amazing creations (I spent a happy few hours today. Lady E is such an inspiration her talents are never ending. Ill provide a link to Lady E Facebook (below post) if you wish to look.Its amazing how seeing other peoples work encourages you to try new things. I always rejoyce when filled with inspiration from others. had a wooden bobbin from thick ribbon I had used. I decided to use it to make a Winter scene. I used lots of different mediums which I will list below. To start I waxed the bobbin with Creative Expressions wax in Green. Around the edge I attached a branch stem. To finish I misted the whole thing with TH Distress spray in Picket Fence. 
Gold mesh . Twigs from florist shop .Snowballs from Docraft. Snowtex. Pinecones. Stamens from someplace online ! Wooden boot/socks and tree both from The Range ( xmas decorations section). The flowers I die cut then added caviar pearls to the centre , then I applied some Imagination crafts pearl medium mixed with water. The small peg penguin is also from The Range.

 






challenges

,
.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful mixed media project Jean -love all the elements and flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cool! I love the way you think outside the square! To be eleigible for a prize at More Than Words, you just need to add in our challenge board image. Thanks for joining us again this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really beautiful piece! Lady E's flowers are indeed wonderful, as are yours! Thanks for joining our challenge at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely project!
    Thanks for playing along with us at More than word challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool project! Thank you for playing along with us at More than word challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful project! thanks for participating !!
    Afrreen (blog co ordinator @expressionscraft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, very cool Christmas project. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words & Best of luck

    ReplyDelete