Tuesday 10 May 2022

Book decor recycle




Hello ! Inspired by a video on Facebook from some time ago. Three old hardback books ready for the recycle bin. I painted the covers with black acrylic paint (did not take long as they were black already but patchy !) I took gold wax and waxed the edges. I used some rub on to add embellishment. The wood feathers I painted with silver metallic pain. I then glued the books together and tied with string and ribbon. I then attached a key to some string and glued it inside the pages so that it would hang at the side. Then I added a silver filigree piece. A quick and inexpensive piece of décor. 






Challenges 

5 comments:

  1. Very arty and clever idea
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very arty and clever idea
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have given the book covers a lovely sparkly facelift, thanks so much for joining us at River of Creativity this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Thanks for entering The Funkie Junkie Boutiques Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful!! What a GREAT idea :) Thanks so much for entering your recycled decor at River of Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete