Tuesday 24 September 2019

mixed media canvas









Hi everyone. I came across this photo of my parents  (both have passed away). I have made copies and plan to make a canvas / layout for each of my sisters. Today i started with mount board. Using brown ink and a stamp I inked around the edges. Then i mounted my design paper onto ivory card. The DP has a lovely soft pearl bronze/brown colours on it.Then using a script stamp I lightly used this top and bottom opposite corners. Using a heart wood frame I cut the photo to fit.I cut some straws and used clear sparkle overlay on the white areas of the straws.I tied some hessian ribbon around the straws and topped with metal embellishments.Using paper that I tea dyed and sprayed with Moon sparkle spray , I die cut and shaped a vintage style flower. The flower centre is tiny beads. The sprays of leaves are die cut and the brown kraft one has been covered with clear sparkle overlay. I tore a small area on the paper and filled with tiny beads. Thanks for stopping by x




challenges

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully designed canvas with pretty paper and a lovely photo. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful canvas Jean with such special memories of your parents. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful canvas Jean love the picute and beautiful embelishments -a beautiful memory and keepsake
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete